Advertisement

Ghanaian journalists, others in China on exchange programme

 As a Ghanaian journalist on exchange in China, I was ecstatic to experience the vibrant media landscape of one of the world's leading nations. With a mix of apprehension and excitement, I was eager to immerse myself in the unique culture, language, and customs of China while also honing my skills as a journalist.

One of the most eye-opening experiences was witnessing how Chinese media operates, both online and offline. In the streets, there were digital billboards and video screens displaying the latest news and advertisements. Meanwhile, newsrooms buzzed with activity, journalists intently researching, interviewing, and reporting stories.


As an outsider, I was curious about how Chinese media tackled sensitive issues like human rights, censorship, and government accountability. Through conversations with local journalists, I discovered the subtle art of balancing reportage with caution, as they carefully navigated China's complex regulatory environment.


But beyond the media industry, the exchange programme also provided ample opportunities for cultural exchange. I was thrilled to indulge in local delicacies, visit historical sites, and learn the language. The warmth and hospitality of the Chinese people made me feel at home despite the stark differences in our cultures.


As I head back to Ghana, I feel privileged to have had the chance to participate in this exchange programme and gain a fresh perspective on the world. I believe that initiatives like this will continue to build bridges across nations and bring about greater understanding and unity in our increasingly interconnected world.

Previous Post Next Post
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement